Gut-friendly foods: Happy stomach; happy me is literally the motto of a healthy lifestyle. Our gut affects us more than we think it does. So what you eat matters a lot on your daily well being. We are here to give you a list of gut-friendly foods under personalized healthcare that can help you stay healthy and fit.
Prebiotic foods contain ingredients, high in fiber that gut bacteria feed on. So here is a list of foods good for your gut.
- Almonds: Almonds can be nutritious and a healthy snack; it can be used as a substitute for milk.
- Asparagus: Packed with vitamins and minerals, go green and eat your veggies.
- Bananas: Naturally free from cholesterol and sodium, this is a great fruit.
- Cereal grains (whole wheat, barley): Full of iron and dietary fibres.
- Garlic: It has a little bit of everything that we need; the most important spice for your food.
- Kiwi: Great for boosting the power of your blood.
- Legumes: Full of protein; full of power.
- Mushrooms: Low in calories, no fat, and no cholesterol. It is best for people who don’t eat meat. It provides the same nutritional values
- Oats: We all know about this magical grain. Oats is the healthiest for your gut.
- Onions: Very nutritional and has anti-inflammatory abilities
Instead of cooking normally or eating it fresh; prepare slow-cooked meals that allow your food to ferment. Under personalized healthcare, this process can have our gut get necessary fiber and bacteria.
Here is a list of slow-cooked gut-friendly foods:
- Fermented vegetables (carrots, green beans, beets, traditional cured Greek olives)
- Fermented soybeans
- Dairy products (buttermilk, yoghurt, cheese)
- Non-dairy products (yoghurts, coconut, etc.)
- Fermented grains and beans (lactose-fermented lentils, chickpea, etc.)
- Fermented condiments (raw apple cider vinegar)
Foods that are high fiber—like artichokes, green peas, lentils, black and lima beans, almonds raspberries, and apples are a great addition to your diet. These foods are high in dietary fiber and are responsible for the efficient movement of food through the body. It helps prevent constipation, hemorrhoids, and digestive diseases. Under personalized healthcare, it states fiber also helps to prevent cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and weight gain.
There are 4 essential types of gut-friendly foods that you can consume for the healthy you:
1. Eat these to beat illnesses:
Citrus fruit, fiber-rich foods, leafy greens and yellow vegetables
2. Let the good bugs in:
Yoghurt, sauerkraut, miso, bananas, garlic, asparagus, onions
3. Choose the foods that chill:
Caraway, cardamon, cinnamon, cumin, fennel. ginger, mint, nutmeg, oatmeal
4. Foods to flatten your tummy:
Avocado, brown rice, dark chocolate, nuts, oatmeal, olive oil seeds
We truly hope you found this article helpful. To know more, you can always visit our website www.aanyawellness.com or book a preventive healthcare consultation session to get personalized and preventive healthcare solutions to your problems.