Off late wheat germ came into limelight with its immense benefits that it had on human life. For starters, wheatgrass is a chlorophyll-rich herb extracted from cotyledons (embryonic leaf) of wheatgrass. Being used from the ancient Egyptian civilization, it was used for good health and vitality. Available in various forms, this phenomenon herb has more than 100 elements which are required by the human body. Here is a comprehensive list of wheat grass benefits for good health! :
Benefits of wheatgrass
1. Wheatgrass is high in chlorophyll (up to 70%) which is an important blood builder. Chlorophyll is rich in Vitamin C that acts as a strong antioxidant and detoxifies the liver naturally. It reduces free radical damage and checks the development of unfriendly bacteria.
2. Since chlorophyll is a product of light, it contains light energy and is a good source of energy in the body.
3. The herb is high in amino acids, digestive enzymes, and vitamins for natural healing of the body.
4. It is extremely beneficial in fighting skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
5. Wheatgrass creates an alkaline environment for the body which prevents chronic diseases. It also increases absorption of nutrients like electrolytes, vitamin C and E in the human system.
6. The medicinal plant helps in lowering blood cholesterol, oxidative stress, inflammation, and triglyceride. It also helps control high blood pressure and enhances capillaries.
7.Wheatgrass is high in oxygen and helps create an oxygenated environment in the body for optimal functioning of brain and body tissues.
8.High magnesium content of wheatgrass helps restore fertility in women and corrects hormonal imbalance.
9. Magnesium also helps to keep constipation at bay and eases bowel movement.
10. The juice cures acne and scars.
Wheatgrass has endless benefits, while we have listed only the major ones. When consumed in juice freshly made from the leaves directly, it is said to be the healthiest and most beneficial. In case you cannot source a plant or juice at home, the next best form of the herb is the powdered form. There are wheatgrass capsules or tablets also available on the market for easy consumption.