Storytelling is critical to everything we do, we tell stories at work to persuade, to inspire and compel people to act. For over 27,000 years, since the first cave paintings were discovered, telling stories has been one of our most fundamental communication methods. According to scientists we retain 65 to 70 percent of information shared via a story versus only 5 to 10 percent of information conveyed through data, numbers.
Storytelling in education is an important pedagogical tool to create concept clarity and to make the classroom topics interesting and memorable. Storytelling in the classroom supports building up linguistic skills which helps young children to become great speakers. Converting classroom concepts into stories is a very strong element of classroom storytelling technique. Storytelling is a teaching method which helps the young learners to gain knowledge, literacy, imagination, creation, and critical thinking.
What makes storytelling at workplace so important?
- Stories forms a connect with everyone
- Stories helps to provides clarity to complex ideas/information
- Stories inspire people to action
Every story serves a purpose, it’s only through the tradition of storytelling people connect with each other. Storytelling simplifies complex information and in today’s corporate world storytelling is embraced as a powerful way to communicate with impact.
What all is covered?
- Creative expression – Foundation
- What is a story – Is storytelling just telling stories?
- Art and science of storytelling
- Power of stories
- Creative expression as a storyteller
- Tools of storytelling – Emotions, speech fundamentals, visualization, body language & energy
- Application of tools in telling
- Structural framework of a story
- Explore the storyteller in you
- How to craft your own story
- Art of reading aloud
- Performance storytelling, the teacher in you, Business Storytelling – Business presentation & internalize your stories – Depending upon the area of specialization
How does it benefit the student?
- Clarity of thought
- Leadership qualities
- Stage confidence
- Identification of Emotions through Navras
- Clear communication in writing and speaking
- Develop fluid brand connection and collaboration approach
- Body confidence and voice modulation