Most diseases develop through the stomach, if the stomach is kept healthy then we can avoid many diseases. Eating too much and eating processed food interferes with the process of digestion and result in indigestion. Due to indigestion, body toxins, or “ama” gets accumulated in the stomach, which moreover lowers the body’s immunity and your body becomes more prone to diseases. Due to this, the digestive fire becomes weak and we suffer from bloating, internal coldness, low energy, mental/emotional weakness, and illness. If you suffer from indigestion or other digestive problems, then Hingwashtak Churna can prove to be a panacea for your problems as preventive healthcare.
How to prepare Hingwashtak churna at home?
This can be prepared at home easily by using ingredients that can be easily found inside your kitchen:
- Dry ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Long pepper powder (Pipli) – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ajwain or carom seed powder – 1 teaspoon
- Rock salt– 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seed powder or jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
- Black cumin seed or Kala jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pure asafoetida powder or hing powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cow’s ghee
Take all the ingredients and mix well. And, that’s it, your Hingwashtak powder is ready. This powder can be stored for up to 6 months in a dry and airtight container for preventive healthcare.
Dosage of Hingwashtak churna
The recommended dosage for this churna is 1-3 grams. Take half a teaspoon of warm water before a meal. You can also mix Hingwashtak Churna with cow’s ghee. But remember it should be taken on an empty stomach or before a meal. You can also consult your doctor before taking it.
Uses/benefits of Hingwashtak churna?
- It is mainly used for problems related to indigestion (gas, constipation, loose motions, hiccups)
- Ignites digestive fire and burns away toxins and metabolic waste.
- It helps increase the absorption of nutrients. And reduce cramps and bloating.
- It’s great for loss of appetite, low metabolism, and obesity.
- It relieves asthma and bronchitis.
- Increases metabolic rate and corrects digestion.
What are the effects of Hingwashtak Churna? (Side effects, suggestions, warnings)
- It is a safe medicine to consume as it is basically a mix of spices and salt. But should be taken as per the recommended dosage.
- It may cause acidity and irritation and you may also experience a slight burning sensation if taken in excess. It is not recommended for people suffering from high blood pressure and kidney disorders.
- It works differently for different people. Its effectiveness depends on age, strength, digestive power, etc.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children. And if you are giving it to children, only give it in small quantities.
- It is highly advised to not take this during pregnancy; it produces excess heat in the body.
Hingwashtak churna is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy used for increasing digestion and relieving disturbances in the gut. This digestive aid will decrease unwanted symptoms such as gas, bloating, cramping, hiccups and pain in the abdomen, and constipation.
Hingwashtak is used by a number of people due to its ability to enhance digestion, increase absorption of nutrients and burn away toxins. So, try this preventive healthcare remedy and let us know if it worked for you in our comment section.
- What is Hingvastaka Churna?
Hingvastaka Churna is an effective remedy for relieving abdominal distension by relieving flatulence. It acts as a good appetizer by improving the digestion and absorption of food. It can be used in Indigestion, Anorexia, and all Vata Disorders.
- What is the use of Hingwastak Churna?
“Hingwashtak churna” is a polyherbal-based ayurvedic medicine used as a digestive aid as it helps in the removal of all digestive disorders, by acting as a carminative and antispasmodic. It is a strong vermifuge and helps in the treatment of all painful conditions like sciatica and stiffness in the back.
- Can Ayurveda cure digestive problems?
Digestive disorders need natural solutions; your body acclimatizes to chemicals over time making it effective to treat digestive disorders. Instead of increasing your dosage try the Ayurvedic treatment for your digestive disorders. Treat gas, indigestion, acidity, constipation, and stomach ulcers with Ayurveda.
- What causes poor digestion?
The most common problems associated with the digestive tract are diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and heartburn. These can be caused by many things, such as an unhealthy lifestyle, poor nutrition, food sensitivity, or even an infection
- Is curd good for gas?
Yogurt contains potassium, which rids the body of sodium, and beneficial bacteria (probiotics) that reduce stomach gas and bloating. Curd or yogurt carries good bacteria which help the intestines to process food better and in turn beats bloating.